Marketing & Administration Assistant
Permanent, full time (35 hours per week)
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
Based in Hoddesdon, Herts
£200/week (£10,400 per year)
At Visionpath we're on a mission: To get employers and young people future-ready. We create award-winning programmes that give students aged 16-19 the skills, experience and opportunities to shape their future careers. We do this in partnership with top employers and help them develop and recruit smart young people for apprenticeships and entry-level jobs.
While a big part of our work is helping companies to recruit school-leavers, this role is a bit different because you'll be joining the Visionpath team on a full-time apprenticeship. That means you'll have an opportunity to make a difference for other young people, by supporting the team in delivering programmes that connect students with employers. You will also have the chance to be creative with our social media channels (Twitter and Instagram) and keeping our website looking fresh and up-to-date.
About the role:
We're looking for someone creative and well-organised to join our team. If you love social media (and know what other people love to see on social...) and know that feeling of buying a new notebook, cracking it open and writing list after list, then you might be the person we're after!
The role is varied and involves general project administration alongside creative work on our social media, producing blogs, updating our website and contributing to marketing materials. Excellent written English is essential, as well as a passion for social media and marketing.
Specifically some of your duties will include:
- Maintaining our social media profiles through regular content updates that appeal to different audiences (e.g. businesses, schools and young people).
- Developing and maintaining a calendar of content ideas to use across social media, our website, blog and other marketing materials.
- Database administration, ensuring details of our contacts and customers are up to date.
- Working with colleagues to produce email newsletters to circulate to our contacts.
- Coming up with ideas for new blogs and writing them, working to deadlines.
- Assisting colleagues through day-to-day administrative tasks such as mailing, filing, managing diaries, booking travel and preparing presentations.
- Maintaining the office environment so it remains clean, tidy and productive, including ordering stationery and supplies.
Working in a small business is a great opportunity to gain lots of experience quickly. We get our apprentices involved in all of our projects, we value your opinion and give you hands-on experience alongside your general day-to-day duties. It’s vital you’re eager to learn and happy to get stuck in.
The working hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday including a one-hour unpaid lunch break. As this is an apprenticeship you will spend 20% of your working hours studying towards your qualification with our chosen training provider.
We like our apprentices to grow with us - so work hard and impress us and you could have a bright future with Visionpath. The nature of this role means we're looking for someone with a passion for social media and writing. If a misplaced apostrophe really wind's you up, you might just be the person we're looking for!
To succeed in this role you will need the following key skills and attributes:
- Highly organised
- Hard working and willing to help others
- Able to take instruction and direction, with good listening skills
- Understanding of social media with good judgement - you will know what you shouldn't post online, as much as what you should
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good IT skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Friendly yet professional manner in person and by phone
- Comfortable working on your own or as part of a team
As this role may involve contact with under-18, you will be required to undergo an enhanced criminal record check.
What we can offer you:
- The chance to be creative, have ideas and make a difference for others
- An open and supportive culture
- Early finish Fridays
- Generous holiday entitlement with paid Christmas leave
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Regular team socials
- Bright, modern offices with free parking and good public transport links
To apply: Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Patrick Philpott.
Applications close Friday 6th September 2019. Interviews will be held w/c 9th September 2019.